The Amergin Solstice Poetry Gathering
Éigse na Gréine
Celebrating Contemporary Irish Poetry where Irish Poetry first came ashore
Amergin Steps Online
A chaired na héigse,
The whole thing – the myth, the poem, the appropriation of Ireland, the celebration, the festival – came into being when Amergin placed his right foot on the shoreline at Waterville and recited his famous incantation. This year, we at the Amergin Solstice Poetry Gathering, like so many others, were prevented by Covid 19 from physically stepping forward with the programme of poetry, music and good company which we had planned to present. So we have decided that the 2020 Amergin Step must be a cyberstep, a step online, for you to enjoy a taste of the poetry and the music we would have all experienced had it not been for the virus. We invite you, therefore, to step online with our poets, singers and musicians, not only to sample what might have been, but to whet your appetite for the feast we hope you can attend in person in June of 2021.
Bígí linn anois ar líne, agus go pearsanta ag Éigse Ghréine Aimhirghin 2021!
Streaming Schedule, 28th November 2020 - end of January 2021
1. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 28th November - Paddy Bushe, Breanndán Ó Beaglaioch, Paul Casey
2. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 5th December - Ailbhe Ní Ghéarbhuigh, Su Garrido Pombo, Seán Hewitt
3. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 12th December - Peter Sirr, Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich, Enda Wyley
4. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 19th December - Gerard Smyth, Su Garrido Pompo, Mary O’Donnell
5. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 26th December - Jackie Gorman, Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich, Mark Roper
6. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 2nd January - Sean Dennehy, Su Garrido Pompo, Polina Cosgrave
7. 7.00 pm, Saturday, 9th January - Eva Bourke, Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich, Greg Delanty,
8. 7.00pm, Saturday 16th January - Pat Boran, Su Garrido Pompo, John McAuliffe.
9. 7.00pm, Saturday, 23rd January - Gabriel Rosenstock, Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich, James Harpur
10, 7.00pm, Saturday, 30th January - Nidhi Zak/Aria Eipe, Marina Cassidy, John W. Sexton